Lawrence Technological University (LTU) was established in 1932 and has built a reputation for excellence over the years by delivering well-prepared graduates into their respective industries. As the Southfield campus has expanded its physical footprint, the degree offerings have also expanded. And beginning in 2006, LTU started offering some of its most sought-after degree programs online.
Currently, Lawrence Tech offers the following programs online:
Master of Business Administration
Master of Engineering Management
Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
Master of Science in Information Technology
Master of Science in Civil Engineering
Master of Construction Engineering Management
Our degrees are designed to meet the educational goals of students and exceed the highest standards of the industries they support. The quality of our degree programs have earned LTU many awards and recognitions including a Top 30% ranking of universities nationwide by Bloomberg Businessweek, a “Best in the Midwest” designation from the Princeton Review, and for the past 20 years LTU has been highly ranked by the U.S. News & World Report.
Lawrence Technological University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. In addition, various graduate and undergraduate degree programs are additionally accredited through appropriate national professional agencies.
Below are additional facts about the university:
Founded in 1932 on the site where Henry Ford perfected the moving assembly line, Lawrence Technological University is committed to providing students the latest advancements in technology. The 4500-student, private university is one of the nation’s premier schools in engineering, architecture, science, and applied technology, offering over 100 programs in Colleges of Architecture and Design, Arts and Sciences, Engineering, and Management.
LTU provides students a problem-based, “theory and practice” approach to experiential learning in a tight-knit community dedicated to their success. All undergraduates are supplied powerful laptops customized with the industry-standard software used in their fields of study. Applied research, close industry partnerships, co-operative education, internships, and student competitions also give students the real-world experience that prepares them for the workplace.
Lawrence Tech offers men and women nearly 20 NAIA, ACHA, NWLL, MCLA, and USBC sports, pep band, dance team, and club and intramural sports. More than 60 student clubs and organizations, including fraternities, sororities, honor societies, and student chapters of professional groups provide students a variety of activities.
- 88% of LTU students are employed or registered for grad school at Commencement – greater than the national average
- One of the “Best in the Midwest” – Princeton Review
- Top Tier, America’s Best Colleges – U.S. News & World Report
- 5th among U.S. colleges and universities for boosting graduates’ earning potential – Brookings Institution
- In the top 10% in highest graduate starting salaries among U.S. colleges and universities – PayScale
- In the top 4 of 31 Michigan colleges and universities in average salary of its graduates 10 years after completing their education and 325th in the nation of the more than 1,000 schools ranked – Wall Street Journal
- One of the “Smartest Colleges in America” – Business Insider
- Online degree programs among the nation’s best – U.S. News & World Report
- One of the “Top 20” interior design programs in the USA – DesignIntelligence
- Civil engineering program ranks 5th in the nation – U.S. News & World Report
- Among the best U.S. schools for game design – Princeton Review, PC Gamer, Animation Career Review
- Among the best U.S. architectural schools in construction methods and materials – DesignIntelligence
- State of Michigan Center of Excellence for Sustainable Infrastructure and Structural Testing
- Green College – Princeton Review
- Military Friendly School – G. I. Jobs