How to Apply
Applications for the Online Master’s Degree in Architecture are accepted year-round for admission to Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
If you completed your Bachelor of Science in Architecture at LTU, you are only required to complete our online application. That’s it!
All other applicants for the Online Master of Architecture (Tracks II, III, and IV) program are required to provide the following for consideration:
- A completed Graduate Application, which can be submitted online at ltu.edu/apply. Make sure to select “Online” for your campus option.
- Official transcripts of all completed college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Three letters of recommendation including two from faculty members from a previous degree or educational experience. One work reference, preferably from an immediate supervisor at your current or a recent place of employment.
- Provide a résumé describing your educational and work experience as well as extracurricular activities and interests.
- A one-thousand-word essay. Click here for more information.
In addition to the above, applicants for the M.Arch II program must also:
- Hold a B.S. Architecture degree (pre-professional) or a Bachelor of Architecture from a recognized baccalaureate degree program in architecture.
- Submit a comprehensive portfolio of work demonstrating a range of visualization and design abilities and experience. The portfolio requirements are linked here for your reference. Applicants for the Track III and Track IV programs are not required to submit a portfolio; however, submitted portfolios will be given consideration.
Additional requirements may be necessary, such as an interview with an Admissions Counselor or the Director of Graduate Studies.